Computer wont start

Mjosue

Anyone good with custom built computers...I have an issue and would like an opinion. Maybe you've encountered this. 

My tower will not power on ( I put it together about a year ago with brand new parts). The mobo LEDs light up when plugged in to the psu. But, when I press the power button (even the one directly on the mobo) it does nothing. It was working fine the day before. I realized the issue a few hours ago. It had not been touched all day. 

I've taken my entire computer apart and put it back together. I have never encountered this problem and google is not helping. 

Any ideas? If you need more info feel free to reply or inbox me.

computer specs

CPU - Intel core i7-5930k

Mobo - ASUS ATX DDR4 X99 Deluxe 

Boot Drive - Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD

Memory - Crucial Ballistix Sport 32 GB (8GBx4) DDR4

Graphics Card - PNY Quadro K4200 

Storage - WD Black 4TB 

Optical Drive - OEM Blue Ray Drive (Asus Blue-ray internal burner)

PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GS

Case- Corsair obsidian 7500

CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU cooler

OS - Windows 10 64-Bit

Let me know if you need anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

sam.chen

Administrator
Staff member
If you've already tried reseating the memory, try booting with only one stick of memory at a time in each of the slots. Usually if the system wont boot and the screen stays black there's a good chance you may have a failed memory stick or a broken DIMM slot. I'd also try another power supply if that's available to you. If not, there's a good chance it may be the motherboard.