Thunderbolt

Vanhodid

Wondering what you guys think about thunderbolt, it's been on apples for a year now and pc's are starting to get it,
what do you think, will it overtake USB within 5 years?

7k4kLvPkOrI&list=UUJ1rSlahM7TYWGxEscL0g7Q&index=1&feature=plcp

Alex Lin

I think thunderbolt is filled with potential, were talking 10 gb/s here, but the main thing is how quickly other manufacturers will adapt to it.

Vanhodid

I think thunderbolt is filled with potential' date=' were talking 10 gb/s here, but the main thing is how quickly other manufacturers will adapt to it.[/quote']
yeah i know, asus is always looking for ways to think outside the box on how to make their products stand out, i hope thunderbolt is a real thing soon, i doubt it'll change out USB as there are still a lot of technologically incompetent people out there that don't understand how it works...
i hope it'll change soon because this would really clean up the back of computers, i like having options and this really is pushing what is possible
we haven't had a change like this since USB, and that was revolutionary, but not really a step forwards.
i just like to think about what the future holds in the tech world...

Thunderbolt is a cool tech because it is truly a universal port in the fact that any kind of data can be sent over it. I would like to see video cards include a thunderbolt port on them instead of just a mini-display port. That would help push the tech. But because USB is so established, it wont be more popular that USB3. Hopefully future versions will see a lot of success and we can phase over into it instead of it being just another firewire